In accordance with the contract we uphold with the City Of Portland in exchange of our continued use of Sunderland Yard as the site of Dignity Village, we are responsible for:
- Administering, managing, and operating the designated campground for the sole purpose of providing temporary shelter to residents who cannot locate safe, decent affordable housing and are otherwise homeless;
- Maintaining the campground in a safe and sanitary condition;
- Establishing and enforcing written rules and policies governing the use of the campground;
- Operating the campground in a financially self-sufficient manner including covering all operating costs;
- Not allowing more than 60 residents to occupy the campground at any time (except during severe winter shelter overflow, when an additional 10 people can be served);
- Assisting residents with locating and transitioning to safe, decent, affordable housing, to the extent practicable, including permitting access to the campground to City-sponsored programs that assist homeless persons with locating and accessing permanent housing;
- Cooperating with the Portland Police Bureau, Portland Fire Bureau, and Bureau of Maintenance;
- Presenting quarterly written reports to the City’s Project Manager; and
- Maintaining General Liability insurance.
The full text of our contract can be found here: Dignity Village Contract, and please note that it has been extended until June 30, 2016.